Thursday, September 30, 2010

La la la la lava

I now posses a lava lamp, for the first time in, well, ever.
It's pretty fantastic I must say, but I have noticed some things:

A. Lava lamps are kinda like fish tanks: both contain liquid and moving parts (i.e., lava bubbles and fish) that people like to stare at for the pretty colors and the relaxing mood that they facilitate. Lava lamps, however, do not need to be fed. Bonus.
B. Lava lamps make it fun and easy to waste electricity and heat energy.
C. Lava lamps create a nice ambiance, but cannot actually function as lamps. Do not try to read by lava lamplight.
D. Lava lamps were apparently made in different colors and sizes, but if memory serves, I have only seen one kind: blue, regular size.

I would like to add that lava lamps are just as cool now as they were when I was a kid, or more accurately, when the lava lamp fad was reincarnated during the late 80's and early 90's, but I definitely think that when my friends see it, their responses will be
A. "Is that a lava lamp?"
B. "Why do you have a lava lamp!?"
C. "Okay, weird..."
D. "Well, whatever makes you happy."

Whatever. I'll do what I want. And I'll do it with the lava lamp on.
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment